How to update Ford SYNC
Ford SYNC is one of the most robust and easy to used in-vehicle entertainment and communication system in the industry. With easy hands-free use, outstanding voice recognition, and intuitive functionality, the Ford SYNC interface can make your Ford driving experience one of comfort and safety. Standard in models like the Ford Fusion and Ford Escape and optional in smaller vehicles like the Ford Fiesta, the handy system adds a layer of convenience for drivers. But every now and then, Ford offers updates to the Ford SYNC system to provide more features, improve functionality, or fix minor bugs. When those updates are available, it’s a good idea to take care of updating the system in a timely manner to ensure your Ford SYNC system is operating at its peak. We’ll take a little time to explain how to update Ford SYNC so you don’t have to rifle through your owner’s manual for the information.
1. Download the software updates on your computer and move the installation files to a USB device
2. Start your Ford and plug the USB into the port. The update takes about a half hour, so make sure you are in a well-ventilated area.
3. Press AUX then choose SYNC and press OK. Then push Menu > SYNC Media > OK
4. At this point, you’ll see a Media Menu then a Play Menu. Use the Seek button to move the highlighter and stop on Select Source. Then press OK.
5. From here, choose SYNC USB and select the device containing the installation software.
6. Select System Settings and then move the highlighter over Advanced. Press OK.
7. Install Applications should be an option on this screen. Use seek to move the highlighter over Install Applications then press OK.
8. The SYNC system automatically detects files on the USB and it will ask you if you want to Install Application. Hit OK to begin installation. It’s important to remember not to remove the USB during the update. Also, don’t try to use the interface during installation.
After a short time, the SYNC interface will display a message saying Installation is complete. Ignore that. It is referring to a specific portion of the installation. In another 10 or 15 minutes, the system will again tell you installation is complete and it will likely reboot the system.
9. When installation completes, remove your USB. You’ll need to pair your phone to SYNC again. Plug the USB back into your computer and report the successful installation to Ford.
More from Wiscasset Ford
See Why Ford SmartDeviceLink is Taking Over the Industry
Ford SmartDeviceLink With most vehicle manufacturers including smartphone-compatible technology in their automobiles, many variations have been ...read more